Saturday 26 December 2009

Message from Gina Martin

My name is Gina Martin and I live in Ontario, Canada. I am originally from Peterborough although I now live in Brampton, an approximate 90 minute drive away. I am a genealogist and a director with the Trent Valley Archives in Peterborough and intend on writing an item about the tragic deaths in WW1 of Ben and Stan Rippingale.

The youngest Rippingale boy shown in the pictures is Dennis Fenn Rippingale, born 1907 in Kent and died in Peterborough in 1977. Alfred Rippingale was married twice. His first wife was Agnes Corder whom he married in 1894. She is the mother of Stan, Ben and daughter Agnes Lily Rippingale. She died in 1902 in Kent and Alfred married Elizabeth Fenn Wright in Kent in 1906. Thus, the photos shown in Canada are of Elizabeth and not first wife Agnes. The family is buried at Little Lake Cemetery in Peterborough.

Richard Wilcocks adds: Thanks for this update. I have just sent scans of the rest of the album photos to Gina Martin.

Can you add something to the search?

No comments: